If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe, handed down from my grandmother in Lancaster County, Pa., has been a long-time family favorite. It's nothing fancy, which in my opinion, is exactly what makes for a great chocolate cake. - thatgirl
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix all of the ingredients together and bake in a greased/floured oblong cake pan at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
Hot Caramel Icing
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cook butter, light brown sugar and milk for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently (almost constantly). Cool for 10 minutes.
- Add confectioners sugar and vanilla. Stir and ice cake immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cake
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.