If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a healthy alternative to those “I need something crunchy and salty” cravings. Roasting the garbanzos to a perfect crunch can be tricky, but at the right temperature and diligent supervision, you can have a deliciously addicting snack. - Dominique Fry
Makes 1 cup
- 2 cups or 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon salt or smoked Pacific salt (found at Trader Joe's)
- Open chickpea can, drain and rinse well. Lay them out on a baking sheet lined with paper towel and pat dry with another paper towel.
- Remove the paper towels and now drizzle a bit of olive oil (about 1tsp per can) tossing them about to even the oil out.
- Oven roast them at 400F for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and crunchy. I use a convection oven at 350F for about 30 minutes. After the first 10 minutes, take the baking sheet out and toss the chickpeas around. Do that every 10 minutes to make sure they roast evenly. Try one (remember to let it cool off first) and if the center is still moist and soft, roast it a bit longer.
- Once they’re done, season immediately with salt, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne or whatever you wish (even cinnamon and sugar, if it’s sweet crunch that you’re craving.)