If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I prefer my oysters raw with minimal embellishment. Since oysters and Champagne are a classic pairing as are oysters and mignonette, I thought I'd combine them. This is now one of my favorite ways to enjoy oysters! - melissav - melissav
Food52 Review: For an original way to relish the raw oyster, try melissav's brilliantly conceived recipe for Oysters with a Champagne Cucumber Mignonette. The simple pairing of cucumbers to a counterpoint of shallots in a Champagne vinegar bath creates the base for this bright mignonette. But it is actual fresh Champagne that caps off this indulgence. With this twist, melissav has concocted an elegant oyster cocktail. If you have never shucked your own oysters before, this recipe will make a pro out of you. You will be shucking away in no time flat, so you can enjoy many slurps of perfection. - Sagegreen - Sagegreen
Makes at least 2 dozen oysters
- oysters on the half shell
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon shallots, finely minced
- 4 teaspoons cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons champagne
- Combine the vinegar, shallots, cucumber, salt, and pepper in a small dish. Place in the fridge so it chills.
- Shuck the oysters and place on the half shell (or smile pretty for the fishmonger and ask him to do it for you).
- Just before serving, remove the mignonette from the fridge and add the champagne.
- Serve the oysters with the mignonette on the side.
- Add a small spoon of mignonette to each oyster and slurp!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shellfish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish in the Raw
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Way to Prepare Oysters
Avocado toast, amplified.
Wine to go, without the box.
Herb rubs, fresh and dried.
Tea Thyme Soda
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad