If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fingerling potatoes hold their shape well when steamed, making them perfect for a potato salad. They are dense and buttery as-is, but when coated with a warm cider vinegar dressing they become irresistible. Capers, Dijon mustard, and kosher salt ensure a well-seasoned salad, and fresh parsley and chives really liven things up, cutting the richness of the dressing. Served at a potluck, this salad will disappear before you know it. You might want to double the recipe. Oh, and it gets better the longer it sits. What more could you ask for? - Coco Morante
Food52 Review: This salad is delicious, and also pretty light as far as potato salads go. The dressing is tangy, the softened onions are lovely and sweet, and the fresh herbs make everything bright and summery (I added in some basil because it needed to be used up and it worked really well). I will definitely be making this over and over again! - AnnainSydney
- 1 1/2 pounds fingerling potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons capers (brined or salt-cured), rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- Steam the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until you can easily pierce them with a paring knife.
- While potatoes are steaming hot, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion and sauté until softened but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat under the skillet and add the vinegar, capers, mustard, pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- While they are still hot, slice the potatoes into 1/4-inch rounds. Add them to the skillet, along with the parsley and chives, and stir gently until they're coated evenly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe