Author Notes: Spicy, savory, sweet and crispy. Need we say more when it comes to chicken wings. - Pamela McDonough
Serves 8-10 people
- 1 5lb bag of chicken wings
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- handfuls toasted sesame seeds
- splashes Sriracha for drizzling over the top
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay out wings on sheet pan in a single layer.
- Pop into the preheated oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove and place into a bowl large enough to be able to toss them around a bit.
- In the meantime in a smaller bowl mix together the vinegar, honey, Srircha and scallions.
- Remove 1/4 cup of this marinade mixture and set aside for now.
- Toss wings with 1/2 of the marinade and place on BBQ over med-high heat, turning often and basting with remaining marinade.
- When wings are nicely browned and charred in spots (about 15 minutes) remove from grill and place in clean serving bowl
- Retrieve the 1/4 of marinade and drizzle over top, not too much that they are soggy just moist, scatter with sesame seeds and more scallions and more Sriracha too!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe