If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by a recipe I saw in Southern Living using fresh traditional peaches, mozzarella cheese, cilantro and honey. Great as a savory or sweet dish served with grilled meats. Similar to a tomato mozzarella stack but uses fresh peaches with a delicious honey-peach dressing . —Ms. Chef On Deck
- 5 Peaches
- 3 green onions sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (toast cumin seeds and fine grind)
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch baby arugula
- 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 handful cilantro as garnish
- Peel and chop 1 peach. Cut remaining peaches into 1/4 inch round pieces. Discard the pits.
- Place in a food processor, chopped peach, green onions, cilantro, honey, 1 tsp. salt, lime zest and lime juice. Add chili powder to taste. Process to smooth. Add oil, pulse several times until combined.
- Spray grill with cooking spray or oil. Preheat grill to medium high (350-400 degrees). Brush sides of peach round with some of the dressing.
- Grill peaches covered for 3-5 min on each side. Grill marks will appear.
- On platter, place baby arugula and layer grilled peach rounds and mozzarella cheese on top. Add another round of grilled peaches and stack several layers high. Finish with the peach dressing and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Peach Recipe
Anything but Watered down
Pair tomato water with pasta
Tomato water: the sauce of summer.
Butter pecan ice cream for impatient cooks.
It's time to travel.
Tomato skins, meet salt.
Put cake on a pedestal.