If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Influenced by the flavors of paella and puttanesca sauce, this rice serves as an excellent side dish to meat, vegetables, or eggs. - Clara
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, quartered
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 1-2 tablespoon capers
- ¼ to ½ medium onion, diced
- ¼ to ½ medium tomato, diced
- 1 cup round rice
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili oil/flakes (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium saucepan and add the garlic. Just before the garlic starts to brown, add the anchovies and capers, stirring to melt the anchovies down. Then, add the onion until it turns translucent. Next, add the tomatoes.
- Add the rice along with 1 cup of water and turn the heat to low. Ground the saffron threads in a mortar and pestle, and add to the saucepan. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and let cook until all the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. When serving, drizzle a bit of chili oil or add chili flakes to spice things up. Enjoy!