Author Notes: Versatile thai spicy peanut sauce. Perfect as a dipping sauce for grilled chicken, as a pizza sauce for thai chicken pizza, or simply stirred into cold noodles. - shelley
Serves 2 cups
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 small birds eye chili peppers, minced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely minced cilantro
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter, coconut milk, red curry paste, and chili peppers. Bring to a low simmer to melt the peanut butter but not a boil, because the coconut milk will separate. Stir until everything is throughly combined.
- Remove from heat and add sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Add cilantro at the end and allow sauce to cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe