Author Notes: A recipe for an easy flourless chocolate cake which is lightly scented with orange zest and cardamon. - ChezUs
- 1/2 cup Good quality unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 10 ounces Good quality bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cardamon
- 1 whole orange, zested
- 4 eggs, prefer organic free range
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Melt chocolate in a double boiler and then set aside to cool.
- Creme room temperature butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Mix in the chocolate, cardamon and orange zest, just until combined.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 8" pan, I like to use a tart pan to give it a bit of an elegant look.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, until set, it will not giggle at all.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- I like to serve a sliver of the cake with fresh berries and either sour cream or creme fraiche that has been sweetened with brown sugar. Serve. Eat
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cake