If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A friend in Scotland served us a soup that I found hauntingly delicious. Smooth and creamy, it was also redolent of spice and something not immediately familiar. That strange flavor was parsnips, an ingredient I had little experience prior. Luckily, I was able to extract the recipe from her.
This soup is rich without being overly fatty, and has extraordinarily complex flavor for so few ingredients. Best of all, it's dead simple. - Hedonia
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled and cubed
- quarts chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 6 tablespoons lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Sauté the onions in butter until softened.
- Add the parsnips and sauté another few minutes.
- Add the curry, toss, and cook 1-2 more minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the stock, and simmer 20 minutes, until the parsnips are extremely tender.
- Transfer the soup to a blender, in batches if necessary, and purée well.
- Pass through a sieve to remove any fibrous bits. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Swirl in a tablespoonful spoonful of yogurt when serving.
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.