If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: In college, whenever my roommate came back from visiting her parents, she brought with her a version of this cake that her mom made, using a boxed cake mix... and we stood in the kitchen of our little college apartment devouring the gooey, boozy bundt cake straight from the cake plate. I've since recreated the recipe with a rich homemade chocolate cake and even boozier kahlua syrup. - Loves Food Loves to Eat
For the Chocolate Kahlua Bundt Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup kahlua
- 1 cup chopped pecans- divided in half
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a budnt pan. Add 1/2 cup of pecans to bottom of bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt- whisk or stir together.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; mix on medium speed until well combined. Add boiling water and kahlua.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan, and add remaining nuts. Baked for 50-55 minutes.
- Pour about 3/4 of the Boozy Kahlua Syrup on cake while it's still hot out of the oven. Let sit for 30 minutes before removing cake from pan. Serve with remaining syrup.
For the Boozy Kahlua Syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cups kahlua
- Boil sugar, butter, and water for 2 minutes, until bubbly and gooey. Remove from heat and add kahlua. Pour about 3/4 of syrup over hot cake, and let sit for 30 minutes before turning upside down and removing cake from pan. Serve cake with remaining syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chocolate Cake