If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fried plantains are typically eaten as a side dish for supper in many Latin American countries, but I think they make for a fantastic breakfast! —fiveandspice
- 1 completely ripe plantain (its skin should be pretty much black)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel the plantain and cut it on an angle into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat until it foams. Add the plantain slices in a single layer and cook until the bottom side is turning a deep golden brown -- several minutes -- then flip and cook the second side.
- Transfer the plantain pieces to a plate. Serve accompanied by bacon, or sour cream, and/or drizzled with maple syrup, if you desire.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Yes, You (Beer) Can
The trials, tribulations, and success of a tricky chicken
The invincible beer can chicken.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.