Author Notes: Fried plantains are typically eaten as a side dish for supper in many Latin American countries, but I think they make for a fantastic breakfast! - fiveandspice
- 1 completely ripe plantain (its skin should be pretty much black)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel the plantain and cut it on an angle into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a large frying pan, heat the butter over medium-high heat until it foams. Add the plantain slices in a single layer and cook until the bottom side is turning a deep golden brown -- several minutes -- then flip and cook the second side.
- Transfer the plantain pieces to a plate. Serve accompanied by bacon, or sour cream, and/or drizzled with maple syrup, if you desire.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!