If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A red velvet icebox cake that you can make ahead, pull out of your freezer when the time comes, and serve with a pile of the season's best blueberries. - Anna Hezel
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 30 drops red food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Blueberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Mix together the first six ingredients until thoroughly combined. Add salt, flour, and cocoa powder, and mix until incorporated. Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until surface is no longer wet-looking.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes, or until the texture has firmed slightly but is still pliable. Cut rectangle of cake in half and cut each half in half, so that you're left with 4 long rectangles. Stack these on top of one another, and trim any uneven edges. You can save these crumbs to sprinkle on top of the cake at the end for decoration. Separate the rectangles and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Cream together cream cheese and half of the confectioners sugar. Whisk heavy cream together with the other half of the confectioners sugar until soft peaks form. Gently fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream until thoroughly incorporated. Spread 1/4 of this mixture evenly over one of the red velvet layers. Add another layer of red velvet and repeat, until you have four layers. Wrap in wax paper and freeze until you are ready to serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
A well-rounded bud vase.
The Best Cinnamon Rolls