If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I don’t care much for the boxed lasange noodles you find in the market – you know, the ones with the curly edges. Makes for an unpleasant thick bite of pasta, when lasagne really calls out for thin supple sheets of fresh pasta. But if you can’t spend a whole afternoon making fresh pasta, the no-boil Barilla noodles are a good substitute. Don't skimp on the meat sauce, as the no-boil pasta sheets need to absorb a lot of liquid. - mrslarkin
Serves 6 - 8
for the lasagne
- 1 box no-boil lasagne sheets (Barilla 9 oz. box - 16 sheets)
- 6 cups Bolognese sauce or Ragu , like Merrill's Weeknight Ragu: http://www.food52.com/recipes/2554_weeknight_ragu
- 4 cups béchamel sauce
- 2 - 3 cups grated Parmigiano Reggiano
for béchamel sauce
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 heaping tablespoons flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- pinch of fresh grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- For béchamel sauce, over medium-low heat, melt butter in a saucepan.
- Add the flour and stir with a spoon until bubbly. Don’t burn it! Lower heat if needed. You just want to cook some of the raw taste out of the flour.
- Stir in milk until thickened, about 5 minutes or so. Using a small fine-mesh strainer, scoop up any lumps and press through with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
- For lasagne, in a 9” x 13“ baking pan, spread 1 ½ cups of bolognese sauce on bottom of pan. Layer 4 overlapping sheets, 1 generous cup bolognese sauce, 1 cup béchamel and ¾ cup Parmigiano. Repeat 3 more times with remaining layers. Top with extra grated Parmigiano if desired.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Buon appetito!
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce