If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Brussels sprouts are bar none my favorite vegetable so I got really excited when one Sunday I lazily stumbled upon a Jaques Pepin show featuring a brussels sprout and bacon side dish recipe. From then on I started adding brussels sprouts to simple meats like cut up sausages to make a variety of easy but tasty dinners. I just whipped up this recipe below using basic items I had in my fridge and I was surprised by how filling and wonderful it was. —TShick
- Half pound Brussels Sprouts (small)
- 4 pieces Bacon
- 1 Fresh Carrot
- 1 Avocado
- Some Parmesan Shavings
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1.5 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Half Lemon
- Cut up the brussels sprouts in half or in quarters depending on how long you'd like the sprouts to cook. Set aside. Stack the 4 pieces of uncooked bacon and cut them into small pieces.
- Heat a non-stick pan and toss the bacon pieces in. Cook the bacon until crispy, or 5 minutes then add the cut brussels sprouts. Let the brussels sprouts absorb the bacon grease and remove from heat when the sprouts becomes brown on their cut side.
- Pour the bacon and sprouts into a salad bowl. Clean your carrot, shave the outer layer if you prefer then shave the carrot down completely into the bowl. Remove skin from the avocado and cut into half inch pieces. Toss the pieces into the bowl. Squeeze roughly half a lemon into the bowl (or to taste), and follow with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Toss the ingredients until everything is coated. The avocado will melt slightly due to the heat of the sprouts/bacon giving the salad a creamy texture. Put onto a plate, or bowl, and top with bits of shaved parmesan and corse pepper. Salt is not recommended as the bacon and lemon will create a salty taste but it can be added if you prefer a rather salty taste. Serve.
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
The invincible beer can chicken.
The chicest apron around.