If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: How to get a light, frothy summer cocktail -- without egg white, or heavy cream, or shaking forever. The answer is -- not so obviously -- Greek yogurt. Adapted slightly from Joaquín Simó of Pouring Ribbons —Genius Recipes
- 2 ounces gin
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce orgeat (Simó likes Small Hands Foods or Orgeat Works)
- 1 heaping teaspoon Greek yogurt
- 1 heaping teaspoon lemon curd (we like Alice Medrich's recipe, linked below)
- 3 drops rose water
- Crush 6 ice cubes in a blender (you'll end up with some very fine snow as well as some small- and medium-sized bits). Add other ingredients except rosewater, blend again briefly, pour into coupe, top with rosewater, and serve immediately. The bigger ice bits will give you some texture and the fine shavings melt immediately (giving you both dilution and coldness).
- Alternately, shake all ingredients with ice and double strain into a coupe. Top with rosewater. No garnish.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.