If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my version of a salad I had several years ago in Toronto...
a different, yet tasty chicken salad.... I won a cookbook for this one... —Jen Smallwood
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 (8.5-oz) pouch ready to serve whole grain & wild rice mix
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped watercress - optional
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Prepare brown and wild rice mix according to package directions. Stir chicken, next 3 ingredients, toasted pecans, and rice into soy sauce mixture. Add pepper.