If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: my buddy Gino's family's recipe.....a tasty & easy homemade Italian sausage —Jen Smallwood
Serves about 24
- 1/4 cup Dry Red Wine, chilled
- 1 tablespoon Raw Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Anise Seed
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Minced Onion
- 1/8 teaspoon Coriander Seed, coarsely cracked
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Mace
- 2 pounds Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 pound Lean Ground Pork
- Pour the chilled red wine into a large bowl. Whisk in the sugar and salt until dissolved. Sprinkle in the garlic powder, oregano, black pepper, paprika, fennel seed, anise seed, parsley flakes, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, minced onion, coriander seed, and mace. Mix in the turkey breast and pork with your hands. Mix thoroughly so the seasonings are evenly distributed in the meat mixture. Line two or three baking sheets with plastic wrap. Roll the meat mixture into 1/4 cup balls, flatten to 1/2 inch thick, and place in a single layer on the baking sheet. Cover with another layer of plastic, and freeze until solid. Once solid, place patties into a resealable plastic bag to store. (recipe yields 24 - 2 ounce sausage patties) ***Use in any recipe that calls for Italian sausage***