If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Honey cloud pancakes with fruit. Light, eggy and sweet, they're the perfect cross between a pancake and a Dutch baby
~ Adapted from thethingswemake.com - VeggiesByCandlelight
- 1 egg (large or XL)
- 1 egg white (large or XL)
- 1/4 cup almond milk, slightly warmed
- 1/4 cup sweet rice flour
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon clarified butter (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup fruit (your choice)
- dusting organic powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400
- In small bowl, whisk the egg white until soft peaks form (** or use a stand mixer)
- In a medium bowl, add the whole egg and sweet rice flour. Whisk until combined.
- Add salt, honey, and vanilla. Whisk again to combine
- Add the warm milk. Whisk one last time to combine
- Gently fold in the eggs whites with a spatula or wooden spoon
- Over a low temp on the stovetop, heat a 6" oven proof skillet for a minute or two. Add the coconut oil and spread it around the pan as it melts .. making sure the inside is thoroughly coated
- Pour the batter in.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook the pancake on the stovetop for 2 or 3 minutes, or until the pancake is beginning to set at the edges
- Sprinkle some fruit on top
- Transfer the pan from the stovetop to the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes. You'll want it to be poofed & golden .. with the middle set.
- Take it out of the oven .. drizzle with maple syrup (or honey) .. top with extra fruit .. sprinkle with powdered sugar