If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The sour cream can be full-fat or low-fat, the result is a light and fluffy mashed potato with great flavor. All ingredients should be room temperature. This recipe can be adapted to suit your taste, add more or less butter or sour cream as desired. - NWB
Serves 2-4 depending on appetite
- 3 large Russett potatoes
- 1 cup Sour Cream (more or less to suit your taste)
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cover potatoes in salted water and bring to a boil. Let cook until they can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Remove potato skins carefully (they are hot!). Place a potato ricer over a serving dish or bowl. Cut soft butter into small pieces and dot the bottom of the bowl. Cut potatoes into pieces and put through a potato ricer. About half way through the potatoes add more dabs of butter. Continue ricing potatoes until all are done.
- Add one half of the sour cream, salt and pepper. Stir until the sour cream is well combined and add more until the potatoes are creamy and suit your taste. Salt and Pepper again if desired. The potatoes can take a lot of seasoning and the pepper tastes great with the sour cream.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes