If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocados are magic ! Besides being a chameleon morphing from savory to sweet they boost Glutathione which helps the body de-tox -improves circulation and oxygen and helps with arthritis - Though somewhat unique to many - Avocado Ice Cream what sets my recipe apart from all others is the combination of Avocado and in particular Raspberries ( though Blackberries and/or Strawberries can be used in place or as well) - My recipe is ONE OF A KIND- and is so easy as an alternative summer delight without the need of an ice cream machine ( though can be used to enhance a firmer more frozen ice cream presentation as the occasion may call for ) - But for those who want faster - less hassle- and don't have the machine- this recipe is for you ! —micki barzilay
- 4 medium Avocados
- 1 tablespoon Lime ( squeezed)
- 1- 1/2 cups heavy cream ( whipped)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup sugar ( or sub - honey , maple syrup, agave)
- 1 cup Raspberries ( Blackberries or Strawberries)
- 2 sprigs mint for garnish
- Mash avocados in a glass or ceramic bowl - add squeezed lime juice to mash-( this will maintain color and flavor ) set aside
- In a blender or Cuisinart - blend the half and half & sugar - then add the ( stiff peaked- whipped heavy cream ) till fully incorporated - then add the avocado -lime mash and blend till smooth- then lastly hand blend in Raspberry " Druplets" ( the individual juicy little spheres that compose the Raspberry structure ). Hold back 4-5 Raspberries for use as garnish- Refrigerate till chilled all the way through ( 1-6 hrs) in a glass or ceramic container-
- Once cold transfer to freezer safe container and put in freezer - depending on consistency you may simply freeze till ready to serve - or experiment in removing 1 hr later and then using blender - re- whip and refreeze ( for a more of a icy- gelato consistency) or run through an ice cream maker for firmer ice cream-
- When ready to serve - remove from freezer and allow to loosen up for a few minutes to get that perfect scoop- place mint leaves on plate - generous scoop on top and garnish with "druplets" and a few whole berries -Aux Complet ! Bon Appetite !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados
Wok This Way
The essential tools for chinese cooking
What you need to cook Chinese.
Recipe of the Day
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.