AVOCADO'S ARE MAGIC !
So much so, that after being absent From Food 52 for quite a while, I was compelled to share " My One of a Kind Creation " -which calls for the chameleon of all fruits - the "Humble Avocado" whose attributes include morphing from savory to sweet , while also being a super healer because of one of it's components- Glutathione -( an anti-oxident that helps the body de-tox and heal ) !
Though not totally foreign the idea of ice cream incorporating fruit or even avocado, but the combination of avocados and raspberries now there's a perfect marriage , a blend - so subtle you won't know what hit you-
Hail to the mighty anti-oxidants Avocados and Raspberries ! Two photos attached to show the difference between the freeze only ( Ice Cream) and the semi -freeze- re-blend-re-freeze ( Gelato consistancy)- You decide !
- micki barzilay
- 4 large Avocados
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice ( fresh squeezed)
- 1/2 cup Half and Half
- 2 cups Heavy Whipped Cream
- 3/4 cups Sugar ( or sub - Honey, Maple Syrup, Xyilitol)
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 2 sprigs Mint leaves
- Mash avocados and add lime juice in a glass or ceramic container
- Using a blender or Cuisinart - blend together the Half and Half and Sugar- add the Heavy Cream then follow with the Avocado- Lime mash- Blend till smooth and thick-return to the bowl- hand incorporate "druplets" ( the little juicy spheres that make up the berry ) then refrigerate till cold -
- Transfer to a freezer safe container and let freeze till ready to serve or in 1 hr you can remove, re-blend, return to freezer ( thus creating more of a gelato than ice cream)
- When ready to serve - let stand for 5 min so you are able to create the perfect scoop ! Garnish the serving vessel with Mint Leaves and drizzle with "druplets" and whole raspberries - aux complet ! Bon Appetite !
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Avocados