Author Notes: I am always trying to take a classic and put my twist on it and with sweet potatoes being a favorite in our home what a perfect idea I thought to incorporate them into a meatloaf! - JennT1981
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove galric, minced
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 slice whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1 quart baking dish. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add sweet potato. Cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, yolk, onion, garlic, barbeque sauce, ketchup, mustard, both bread crumbs, pepper and salt. Mix very well until evenly distributed.
- Place into baking dish and using your hands mold into a loaf. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatloaf
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes