If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am always trying to take a classic and put my twist on it and with sweet potatoes being a favorite in our home what a perfect idea I thought to incorporate them into a meatloaf! —JennT1981
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove galric, minced
- 2 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 slice whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 1 quart baking dish. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add sweet potato. Cook until tender, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine ground turkey, yolk, onion, garlic, barbeque sauce, ketchup, mustard, both bread crumbs, pepper and salt. Mix very well until evenly distributed.
- Place into baking dish and using your hands mold into a loaf. Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatloaf
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes
Beet Greens Can't be Beat
The summer braise worth turning on the oven for
Beet greens can't be beat.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Savor the season.