If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When our little girl began eating solid foods I was all about making her meals verses buying the jarred stuff sitting on the shelf in the grocery. This recipe became a staple and even today still is though used more as a condiment for things like pork chops or even simply as a soup! - JennT1981
Serves 5 cups
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 2 Red Delicious apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and cubed
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- 3 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place potatoes on top rack and bake until tender, about 20 minutes. Remove and cool.
- In a medium pot melt butter over medium and add apples. Toss to coat and cook stirring often about 5 minutes. Add pears, orange juice and zest, water, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer about 20 minutes until the apples are tender.
- Peel skin from sweet potatoes and add to fruit mix. Using an immersion blender, or regular blender working in batches, puree until smooth.
- Can be served cold as a sauce or warmed as a soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Mashed Potatoes