If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have been making this recipe for several years now. So many that I'm not sure where the idea originated. My whole family loves it. It makes enough to feed a large crowd or can be frozen for a quick to fix freezer meal. - PaulaG
Serves 8 to 10
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 5 to 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups brown lentils, picked through, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced cut tomatotes
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 to 3 teaspoons epazote
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onion, sliced
- cheddar cheese, grated
- In a heavy stock pot, saute the onion and garlic until onion is transparent. Crumble in the ground turkey and cook until turkey is cooked through, stirring frequently.
- Add from broth through epazote, stir to blend, bring to a boil; reduce heat, cover and cook on medium heat for 30 to 40 minutes or until lentils are tender. At end of the cooking time, season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Garnish each serving with sliced green onions and grated cheddar cheese, if desired.
Recipe of the Day
Grilled Brie Sandwiches With Honey, Pistachio, and Kale Pesto
Shop Spring Cleaning
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart