If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used the Epicurious Gourrmet 1997 recipe for the Flourless Chocolat Cake & Allrecipes Chocolate Ganache recipe by Ingridevogel - Richelle
Makes 1 8-inch cake
Fine quality Bittersweet Chocolat, Unsalted Butter, Sugar & 3 large Eggs
- 4 ounces fine quality bittersweet chocolat
- 1 stick (1/2 c) unsalted good quality butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of wax paper and butter paper.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with butter, stirring, until smooth. Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well. Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust. Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate. (Cake keeps, after being cooled completely, in an airtight container, 1 week.)
Bittersweet or Semisweet Fine Quality Chocolat, Heavy Cream, and Fresh Strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 9 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolat, chopped
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly to glaze strawberries
- Place the chocolate into a medium bowl. Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. When the cream has come to a boil, pour over the chopped chocolate, and whisk until smooth.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly before pouring over a cake. Start at the center of the cake and work outward.
- Cut off top of strawberries, and slice (see photo), arrange slices flat side down around the cake side by side. Arrange slices on top (see photo). Place a large strawberry on top in the center.
- Gently whisk 1/2 cup of red currant jelly over medium heat until melted. Let cool slightly and then lightly glaze the fruit using a pastry brush.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe
These Ballads Are Bananas
Our favorite food-centric songs.
A feast for the ears.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
We're woven this backpack.