If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You'll never believe that this shake is made with as few ingredients as it is, or that they're all so ridiculously wholesome. Feel free to experiment a little with the non-dairy milk base you use, as well as the nut butter (cashew, coconut, and sunflower seed butter will all work; so will peanut butter, though the taste will be strong). This is a good recipe to treat more as a template than a prescription. —Gena Hamshaw
Makes 4 small or 2 large servings
- 2 ripe medium or large bananas, peeled, chopped into pieces, and frozen
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (soy or hemp milk will work well, too)
- Blend all ingredients till smooth, adding a little more almond milk as needed. Serve.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Make Fruit Caramel
A case for blending your plums
Blend your plums—seriously.
It's all about the sauce.
It's time to travel.
Recipe of the Day