If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a salad to go with nearly any meal. Great as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to rice and a protein. Very refreshing and easy to make, Mama O's Kimchi Paste makes it taste great even if you don't have time to make a traditional kimchi. —Mama O
Bok Choy Preparation
- 1 pound baby bok choy leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sea salt
- 1 cup water
- Inspect your bok choy and discard any damaged or yellow leaves.
- Cut each piece in half down the middle. (If you can't find baby bok choy tips you can use regular size bok choy; just cut it into quarters rather than halves.) Place in a medium-size bowl.
- Dissolve 1 1/2 tablespoons of sea salt in 1 cup of water. Sprinkle over bok choy then press down to completely submerge bok choy.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. Then mix bok choy thoroughly frΩ and let stand for another 10 minutes. (You do not have to place a weight on top but you can if you want.)
- Rinse bok choy 2 to 3 times. Drain. Let stand in now empty rinsed bowl.
- 2 tablespoons Mama O's Premium Vegan Kimchi Paste
- 1 green onion stalk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Chop washed scallion into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a small bowl, combine Mama O's Premium Vegan Kimchi Paste, vinegar, scallion, and sugar.
- Pour this mixture over the bok choy, then rub it over the bok choy with your hands to get an even coating.
- Add additional vinegar, sugar, and salt to your taste.
- Serve immediately or after chilling.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).