If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These salmon cakes are perfect for a party, or just to spice up your weekly meals with something that may seem a bit more “fancy.” We topped ours with a squeeze of lemon juice, and a dollop of Paleo mayo, but they are delicious on their own as well! - Primal Palate
- 12 ounces canned salmon
- 3 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 vidalia onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons duck fat, for frying
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the salmon, egg yolks, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In a mini chop food processor, mince the garlic and onion.
- Pour the garlic and onion into the salmon mixture, and stir to combine all ingredients.
- Using your hands, form the salmon mixture into 2 ounce patties, and place each cake on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake salmon cakes for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the oven, and heat the duck fat in a cast iron skillet over high heat.
- Fry the cakes for about a minute on either side in the duck fat, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon.
Our latest fixations.
The recipes we've tested and loved.
It's Snack Time
Whiskey Peach Smash
What's in, what's out.
Wedding registry must haves.