If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it
Author Notes: This is a classic meat stew with vegetables, originally from Munich, Germany. It couldn't be easier, more hearty, and loved by all ages. - ShowFoodChef
- 1 1/2 pound Beef (cubed)
- 1 pound Pork (cubed)
- 1/2 pound Veal (cubed)
- 1 pound Potatoes (cubed)
- 2 Leeks (cut across in slivers)
- 3 Carrots (cut in thin circles)
- 1/2 Celeriac Root (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon Parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Clarified Butter
- 32 ounces Beef Stock
- 1 cup Peas (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all the veggies. In another bowl, combine all the meat.
- In a large pot, melt the butter on low/med. Add a layer of meat to the bottom of the pot, then a layer of veggies (salt and pepper).
- Continue to layer the meat, then veggies and seasonings until all is used. Pour the stock over and just to cover.
- Heat the stew to a simmer, cover and cook on low for about 2 hours. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Stew