If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is a family-owned and run Mexican restaurant in our small town that serves some of the best food, especially if you know how to order. Everything isn't listed on the menu! Fortunately for us our son-in-law was born in Venezuela, loves good food and speaks fluent Spanish. He's been a big help, and introduced us to some great dishes at El Norteno. Their Shrimp Ceviche is delicious, and I've just about mastered it. - Annelle
Serves a crowd
- 2 pounds shelled and deveined medium sized shrimp
- 1 tablespoon Blackened Seasoning (like Zatarains)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet onion, finely diced
- 1/3 cup finely diced carrot
- 3 tomatoes, seeded, and diced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 seeded and finely chopped jalapeño, or dried red pepper flakes to taste
- 4 limes, the zest and the juice (may need another lime or two)
- 2 teaspoons smoked sweet paprika
- A few whole cilantro leaves for garnish
- Toss shrimp in blackened seasoning and saute for one minute only in olive oil over medium-high heat. Remove from pan and immediately cool in ice water. Drain and chop shrimp. You want chunks of shrimp.
- Add onions, carrots, tomatoes, and cilantro to chopped shrimp. Add salt to taste, along with either jalapeño or dried red pepper flakes. Finally add lime zest, and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour into serving dish. Add fresh lime juice until it just barely covers the mixture. Add smoked sweet paprika evenly over the top and garnish with cilantro leaves. Marinate for at least an hour in frig.
- Serve with blue chips and fresh guacamole.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
Fried Toast and Ice Cream Floats.
A list of things we like.
Listing What We Like.
3 Ways to Compost
Go play outside!
DIY Herb Rubs
Not-so traditional pesto