Author Notes: I love ending a meal with dessert, but after a big dinner I can't really dive into a bowl of chocolate ice cream. That's why this refreshing sorbet is so perfect, with its hints of mint and spicy ginger that also aid digestion. Try it now while ruby grapefruit are at their peak. - gluttonforlife
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest
- 1 1/4 cup freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- Combine sugar, zest and water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat once sugar has dissolved. Add the grapefruit juice, lime juice and ginger. Lightly bruise mint leaves and add.
- Transfer mix to a bowl to cool, then chill in refrigerator until completely cold. Pour through a strainer to remove any solids. Then freeze in your ice cream maker according to instructions. Place in freezer for a couple of hours to firm up, if desired. Also works great for popsicles.