If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious, rich summer soup made of roasted tomato and zucchini. Seasoned with roasted garlic, thyme and vinegar. Perfect for rainy, August days. This recipe is veganised and blended version of recipe I found in C. Schinaharl's book about tomatoes. - readeat
- 1000 grams ripe tomatoes
- 5 sprigs thyme (or 2-3 tsp dried)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
the rest of ingredients
- 800 grams zucchini
- 1 large leek (white part)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1,5 liter vegatable broth
- 1 tablespoon red vinegar
- salt, pepper
- Dice tomatoes. Cut garlic into thin slices. In the roasting pan mix diced tomatoes, fresh thyme, garlic, 3 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp agave nectar. Sprinkle with salt.
- Dice tomatoes. Cut garlic into thin slices. In the roasting pan mix diced tomatoes, fresh thyme, garlic, 3 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp agave nectar. Sprinkle with salt. Bake in 200C/400F for 25 minutes until tomatoes start to get brown on the edges.
- Meanwhile peel the zucchini (if you use young zucchinis you don’t nedd to peel them, because their skins are thin). Dice zucchinis. Cut the white part of leek into slices.
- In the large pot heat 2 tbsp olive oil. Add leek an zucchinis and cook until soft. Add vegetable stock, bring to boil and cook for additional 10 minutes. Add roasted tomatoes. Blend until smooth. Season with 1 tbsp red wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup