If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The nuttiness of the red quinoa is balanced out nicely by the summer flavors of zucchini and corn and the tanginess of the chevre. - msigur
- 1 cup dry red quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (if stock isn't salted)
- 2 cups yellow onion
- 2 small-medium zucchini, diced
- 2 medium ears corn, kernels stripped from the cob
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained
- 4 ounces chevre
- Heat a 2 quart saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Rinse the quinoa under cool water. Add the rinsed quinoa to the heated saucepan for 1-2 minutes to toast and dry it.
- Add the vegetable stock to the quinoa and increase heat to high. Bring the quinoa to a rolling boil. Then cover the saucepan, adjust the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, take saucepan off the heat and allow to sit, still covered, for 5 minutes. Then fluff quinoa with a fork.
- While the quinoa is simmering, heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat and add a healthy drizzle of olive oil. Add the onions, stirring periodically. Once the onions have softened and taken on a bit of color, add the diced zucchini and corn kernels. Continue to saute for 2-3 minutes and then add the black beans, garlic, thyme, and saute for another minute. Add the quinoa and mix everything together.
- Allow the quinoa-bean-vegetable mixture to cool to room temperature. Add salt and pepper to taste. Then crumble and add the chevre and mix gently to combine. Use the quinoa salad to stuff baked bell peppers or tomatoes, wrap it up in flour tortillas with sliced avocado, or enjoy it by itself cold or at room temperature. The salad will keep covered in the fridge for a few days.
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.