If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes about 4 cups of salad
- 1/2 of a small cantaloupe, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cucumber (any type will work but the hothouse variety -- seedless, with a thinner skin -- works best in this salad), cut into 1/2-inch chunks as well
- 6 big basil leaves, chiffonaded (see note)
- 3 ounces feta, crumbled
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Shelled sunflower seeds
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- Toss cantaloupe, cucumber, basil, and feta in a medium bowl. Mix equal parts olive oil and balsamic together in a small bowl, then drizzle over the salad, tossing to coat if desired. Finish with a sprinkling each of sunflower seeds, salt, and freshly ground pepper.
- Note: I chiffonade everything that exists in leaf form because I think it's pretty. To make curly ribbons out of your herbs/kale/etc, stack leaves on top of each other and then roll tightly to form a green cigarette situation. Slice vertically across the roll, forming a pile of pretty little plant wisps.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Lime Popsicles
Shop Spring Cleaning
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
An out of the blue use for a mason jar.
Simple, Springy Leek Soup