If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Spiking fruit with alcohol, grilling fruit with spices usually leads to a fun and tasty summer treat! This recipe can be an appetizer or a savory dessert. Either way, this is a fun way to cool off the hot August nights. —bill
- 4 pieces watermelon, approx. 5 inches by 4 inches by 2inches
- 2 shots premium Tequila
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- lemon, zest and juice
- 3 teaspoons chili powder, Ancho works great
- 8 ounces creme fraiche
- 1 lime, zest
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Mix creme fraiche, lime zest and cilantro in bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover and reserve in refrigerator.
- Heat grill pan to medium.
- Mix Tequila, lemon juice and zest in bowl. Drizzle equal amounts of mixture over each watermelon slice. Top with chili powder and salt, pat gently into slices.
- Grill watermelon slices on grill pan, chili powder side down, just until chili oils are released and grill marks are made. About 1-3 minutes.
- Remove slices and assemble grilled side up. Top with equal amounts of cilantro lime creme fraiche and serve immediately.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Watermelon Recipe
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.