If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I served this dish at a bridal shower I threw for my friend. She had said that she would like a series of small bites so I served this on little asian soup spoons. The flavors were based on some wonderful ceviche we had in Mexico. —Berna
Serves 4 as an appetizer
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 1/2 grapefruit, peeled and cut into segments, reserving juice
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper, finely minced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon jalepeno, seeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1-2 limes
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons scallion, chopped
- salt and white pepper to taste
- In a non reactive bowl, place the scallops, grapefruit, onion, peppers, jalepeno, lime juice, ketchup and reserved grapefruit juice. Stir gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes (or may be kept overnight). When ready to serve, add avocado and scallion. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Note: Sea scallops may be substituted for bay but should be cut into quarters.
A Bagel & Lox, In Salad Form
This is (crème) fraîche
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Churn with confidence.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.