If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: S'Mores without having to build a campfire, and that you can eat in a single bite. I'll have s'more please! ** note that this recipe makes more marshmallow than you will need. Coat a 9x9 pan with cocoa powder and spread the additional marshmallow into it. Allow it to dry over night, flip, cut, and dust with additional cocoa powder. Use them in, well, cocoa, or give them to your neighbor for her kids to enjoy! —aargersi
Serves it really depends on your crowds s'more love level
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons plain gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 4 graham crackers (or 8 if you are going to double it)
- 1 package of mini filo cups (or two - you can make twice as many if you's like!)
- cocoa powder for dusting
- Combine the gelatin and a half a cup of cold water in your mixing bowl and set aside to dissolve, about 30 minutes. While that is dissolving, put the graham crackers in a baggie and break them up into pieces small enough to fit in filo cups, and crisp the filo cups in a 350 degree oven for 7-10 minutes. Remove them from the oven and put a small dollop (I used an espresso spoon) of Nutella into each cup.
- Combine the other 1/2 c water, sugar, corn syrup and vanilla in a sauce pan. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve. Bring to soft crack (240 degrees) and remove from heat. Allow it to sit and cool for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggwhites and gelatin with a whisk attachment until stiff peaks form. Temper the sugar mixture with a dab of eggwhite. Then turn the speed to high and whip the sugar mixture into the eggwhites, beating until it is fluffly and, well, marshmallowey.
- Scoop out a heaping cup of marshmallow and put it in another bowl, and fold in the graham crackers. Smooth the remaining marshmallow into that 9x9 you have ready.
- Put a dollop of graham crackery marshmallow into each filo cup. Arrange them on a plate and dust them with cocoa powder. At this point you really should allow them to dry / set up for a little while, but honestly you probably won't. They are good right now, too!!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Confection
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Late Winter Tart (Sweet or Savory)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Open House Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
Tennessee Whiskey Is the Tops
Plus, a blackberry cocktail to drink all season long
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Just for the halibut.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
This pasta's mint to be.