If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rice Krispies Treats (or RCTs as they're known in our house) are an all-time favorite of my husband's. The classic is great, but a few simple add-ins take these from simple to fabulous. Mini chocolate chips and crushed peppermint candies add texture and great flavor to a traditional snack food. —TheThinChef
Serves 15 to 20, depending on how big you cut them
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-ounce bag marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips - OR -
- 1/2 cup regular chocolate chips
- 1/3 to 1/2 cups crushed hard peppermint candies
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and cook, stirring, until completely melted.
- Take pan off heat. Stir in rice cereal. Gently fold in chocolate chips and peppermint candies. It's OK if the chips melt...it's part of what makes it good.
- Spread mixture in a 9x13-inch baking pan, or any high-sided baking pan. The size of the pan dictates how thick your treats will be.
- Set aside to cool and harden, about 30 minutes or so. Cover tightly, and keep at room temperature for up to 3 days...if they last that long!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
Make 3-ingredient frozen yogurt at home
Never buy frozen yogurt again.
The invincible beer can chicken.
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.