If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I do so love a crunchy, salty snack. I also love to improvise and concoct with items in my refrigerator rather than going to the store with designed menus. Here is what I cooked up from what was on hand. This is perfect noshable, snackable food. —F for Food
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, very coarsely chopped
- 8-10 sage leaves, chiffonade cut
- 1/2 lemon
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil. Add the chickpeas, garlic and a pinch of salt, and sauté for about 5 minutes. Be sure the beans are well coated with the oil, then add the sage, and remove the pan from the stove.
- Place the skillet in the oven and roast, giving it a shake every so often. Roast until the chickpeas begin to turn brown, about 15-20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside to cool a bit.
- When the chickpeas are still hot, drizzle with a little additional olive oil, an extra pinch of salt and a liberal squeeze of lemon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
The Great Outdoors
Camping foods you'll want s'more of
The best camping foods.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.