Author Notes: I do so love a crunchy, salty snack. I also love to improvise and concoct with items in my refrigerator rather than going to the store with designed menus. Here is what I cooked up from what was on hand. This is perfect noshable, snackable food. - F for Food
- 2 cups chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, very coarsely chopped
- 8-10 sage leaves, chiffonade cut
- 1/2 lemon
- coarse sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil. Add the chickpeas, garlic and a pinch of salt, and sauté for about 5 minutes. Be sure the beans are well coated with the oil, then add the sage, and remove the pan from the stove.
- Place the skillet in the oven and roast, giving it a shake every so often. Roast until the chickpeas begin to turn brown, about 15-20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside to cool a bit.
- When the chickpeas are still hot, drizzle with a little additional olive oil, an extra pinch of salt and a liberal squeeze of lemon.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack