Author Notes: Move over goldfish and bunnies! The recipe for these irresistible crackers, passed down through a dear friend's family, become a favorite to everyone who tries them. They are simple enough to feed a toddler enjoying her first movie and with flavor enough to satisfy grown ups on a cozy movie night... after the kids have gone to bed. Make these once and you'll want to make sure you always have some around. - One Hungry Mama
Makes about 3 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated (the better the quality, the better the cracker)
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In the meantime, cream together butter and cheese.
- Mix flour and salt. Then add flour mixture into cheese and butter mixture. Mix well.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten and prick top with a fork. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack