If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Actually best served hot, this is a real chicken flavored dish. The tapioco doesn't do much for flavor but it has a very different texture. The final addition of cilantro whipped cream makes it really cool! (sorry , I can't post a pic of my final result...my computor died) —dymnyno
Serves about 6
- 2 chicken breasts (minced)
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 large fennel bulb (med chop)
- 1/2 cup pearl tapioca
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (ground)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put the minced chicken, chicken stock, chopped fennel bulb and the tapioca in a large pot and cook for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Add the cumin and the cayenne pepper.
- Taste and salt.
- PUT the heavy cream and the cilantro in a blender and pulse until the cilantro is finely chopped and blended into the cream and the cream becomes a heavy whip(careful not to make cilantro butter)
- TO SERVE: Put a cup of tapioca chicken gruel in each bowl. ADD a large dollop of cilantro whipped cream. SPRINKLE with a little cilantro.
Go Greek (Yogurt)
The secret to lighter, tangier whipped cream
Yogurt whipped cream: your new go-to.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.