If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There isn't a real story about this recipe. I just needed a bite-sized appetizer for a get together. I had all the ingredients for pizza, and before I knew it, I had rolled the pizza, baked it, cooled it a little, sliced it, and everyone loved the results. —Annelle
- 1/2 cup warm (~105 degrees) water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add yeast to warm water and let sit for about 5 minutes, until yeast has dissolved.
- Whisk flour, salt and dried herbs together in large mixing bowl. Add oil to flour and toss to mix. Add yeast/ water and stir to combine. When dough comes together empty onto counter dusted with bench flour.
- Knead until smooth, just a couple of minutes. Place dough into bowl greased with olive oil, turn to grease both sides, cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, drained
- 2 ounces hard salami
- 2 ounces prosciutto
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Add sun-dried tomatoes to food processor and pulse to finely chop. Remove to bowl.
- Add hard salami and prosciutto to food processor and pulse to roughly chop. Add to bowl with tomatoes.
- Add parsley, mozzarella and parmesan to bowl with tomatoes and meat. Stir to thoroughly combine.
- Punch dough down after it has doubled in size. Divide dough into two pieces. Roll each into thin rectangle. Spread half of filling evenly over dough. Roll both, beginning on long side, into roll.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place Pizza Rolls on sheet pan sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes, or until dough is nicely brown and cooked through.
- Remove from oven, brush lightly with olive oil, and cool for 10-15 minutes. Slice into one inch slices and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
Cool Ice Cream Tips
They'll change the way you cook—er, churn
The coolest ice cream tips.
The zucchini spaghetti of Italy.
Savor the season.
Tennessee whiskey is the tops.
Orange you sweet.