If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is our everyday salsa for tacos, eggs, nachos, etc. If winter tomatoes don't look so good, I've used canned tomatoes in a pinch. - nannydeb
- 6 corn tortilla, cut in wedges
- splashes fresh lime juice
- dashes chili powder
- dashes cumin
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes or a 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh jalapenos, or as hot as you like it
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tortilla wedges on a baking sheet and sprinkle with fresh lime juice, chili powder and cumin. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, but keep an eye on them after 15 minutes so that they don't burn.
- In a food processor, puree one of the tomatoes, salt, lime juice, cilantro, jalapenos and garlic.
- Add the remaining two tomatoes and "jog blend" the mixture so that the tomatoes stay somewhat chunky.
- Put the salsa mixture in a serving bowl and add the diced onion. If you put the onion in the food processor it tastes too oniony.
- Serve with the baked chips and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.