Author Notes: This is our everyday salsa for tacos, eggs, nachos, etc. If winter tomatoes don't look so good, I've used canned tomatoes in a pinch. - nannydeb
- 6 corn tortilla, cut in wedges
- splashes fresh lime juice
- dashes chili powder
- dashes cumin
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes or a 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
- 2 fresh jalapenos, or as hot as you like it
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tortilla wedges on a baking sheet and sprinkle with fresh lime juice, chili powder and cumin. Bake for approximately 20 minutes, but keep an eye on them after 15 minutes so that they don't burn.
- In a food processor, puree one of the tomatoes, salt, lime juice, cilantro, jalapenos and garlic.
- Add the remaining two tomatoes and "jog blend" the mixture so that the tomatoes stay somewhat chunky.
- Put the salsa mixture in a serving bowl and add the diced onion. If you put the onion in the food processor it tastes too oniony.
- Serve with the baked chips and enjoy!