If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fritattas are my favorite thing to make. So versatile! You can add just about anything to some beaten eggs with cheese, bake it, and call it breakfast, lunch or dinner!!! This one evolved out of what I had in the fridge. The optional cilantro sour cream adds a rich, creamy bonus. Enjoy! - Nancy Nicole
Serves 6 as a main course, 8 as a side dish
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 and a half cups of your favorite enchilada or hot sauce
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3 Tablespoons half and half
- 3 cloves garli, pressed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 and a half cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup roaste anaheim peppers, skins removed, and chopped
- one quarter cup sour cream
- one eighth cup fresh cilanto, minced
- Marinate the chicken in the hot sauce for 1-2 hours. Chop it into 1 inch pieces and saute it until just cooked through.
- Beat eggs with half and half, salt and pepper and pressed garlic.
- In a 9x12" buttered pyrex dish, layer: one half cup of the cheese, peppers and chicken. Pour egg mixture over and top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake in a 350 oven for one half hour. Broil for 3 minutes, or until top is golden and bubbly.
- Optional topping: Combine sour cream and cilantro. Let sit for awhile, so flavors can meld.
- When fritatta has cooled slightly, top with a dollop of the sour cream (if desired) and serve.
Breakfast for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Genius, explained at last.
Style with a breeze.
Books We Love
My New Roots, by Sarah Britton
Gnocchi with a Twist
Gno potato, gno problem.