If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I bought steel-cut oats by mistake, but turns out I like them! - QueenOfGreen
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tablespoons chopped dried cherries & chopped dried apples
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 tablespoon cream
- sprinkle of grated nutmeg
- Bring water, milk and oats to a boil; reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally, until liquid mostly absorbed (but not totally dry).
- Remove from heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and vanilla.
- Place dried fruits in the bottom of a small bowl. Heap cooked oats on top. Top with pecans, cream, remaining brown sugar, and grate nutmeg over all.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Porridge
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.