If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love bacon and I love popcorn so this was a natural pair for me. Even if you don't make the caramel part, I bet you'll start popping your popcorn in bacon fat from now on! —vrunka
- 8 bacon slies
- 1/2 cup dry popcorn
- 1 cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet by lightly spraying it with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, gently brown the bacon until crisp, about 8-10 minutes, flipping frequently. When they are crisp, set them aside and crumble once they are cool enough to handle.
- Pour off bacon fat from the skillet into a large pot (at least 5 quarts and with a lid). Heat the pot over medium high heat and add the popcorn. Cover with lid and pop popcorn, shaking frequently to distribute the kernels. Once the popping has stopped, remove from heat and pour popcorn into a large mixing bowl.
- Add crumbled bacon and peanuts to the popcorn and mix well.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat, melt the butter. Once it is melted, add the sugar and corn syrup and stir until sugar has dissolved. Bring up to a boil, then remove from heat. Add the baking soda and salt and pepper.
- Pour the caramel slowly over the popcorn stirring constantly. Once all the caramel is coating the popcorn mixture, spread it on your prepared sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring every five minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely, Break mixture into bite sized pieces and enjoy!
Tags: movie food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fair Food
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Movie Snack
Yes, You (Beer) Can
The trials, tribulations, and success of a tricky chicken
The invincible beer can chicken.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
How to line a baking pan.
The chicest apron around.