If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Many years of searching has yielded the easiest, most delicious pancake recipe. I've tried them all, recipes with beaten egg whites, recipes from vintage cooks, real cooks, chefs...this one is my favorite. I've adapted it from chef Eric Ripert's recipe in his cookbook "A Return to Cooking." —GirlCook
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups Milk (I use 2 per cent)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Canola oil for griddle or pan
- 1 cup frozen blueberries or more to taste/pick and freeze as many blueberries as possible in summertime!
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or more to taste
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda and salt in large bowl and whisk to mix
- Whisk together milk, eggs, canola oil in medium bowl. Add the vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry whisking until batter is just combined and still lumpy.
- Heat the griddle or skillet and pour canola on surface. Ladle batter onto griddle.
- Place 5-6 frozen blueberries and 3-4 walnut pieces on each pancake while batter is still loose.
- When pancakes are bubbly and one side is golden brown, flip the pancake and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.
Just Pudding It Out There
Use your melon: make this 3-ingredient, vegan dessert
Pudding melon to the test.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
Part narrative, part cookbook.
We give it 8 tentacles up.