If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A little bacon would be a great addition, otherwise it is a very filling vegetarian soup. Also, one of the potatoes can be replaced with an equal amount of winter squash (delicata, acorn, butternut, etc.). —ChefDJen
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, cut in half, then sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2-3 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- pickled peppers (optional)
- Warmed about a teaspoon of olive oil in a 3-quart pot. Add the onion, leeks and a sprinkle of salt and cook until they are softened and translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about 30 seconds longer.
- Sprinkle on the mustard powder and flour. Stir for a minute or two to make a roux.
- Whisk in the broth, then add the potatoes and smoked paprika. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through.
- Stir in the cream and check for seasoning. Enjoy as is, or top with a few pickled peppers.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Onion or Garlic Soup
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.