If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There's nothing better than the combination of coconut, chocolate, and rum... especially in a creamy, custardy, rich bread pudding. Adding coconut milk to the pudding and the sauce make make this delicious with just the right amount of coconut flavor. —Loves Food Loves to Eat
Coconut Bread Pudding
- 1 14 oz can of unsweetened coconut milk (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.5 cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 loaf of day old french or italian bread
- Chocolate rum sauce (recipe below)
- unsweetened flake coconut
- Tear bread in 1 inch cubes and set aside in a large bowl.
- Combine everything except the bread and butter, and whisk to mix well. Pour mixture over bread and stir (works best with your hands) to combine. Really get it soaked! Let sit at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9x9 casserole dish. Transfer bread mixture to dish and dot with butter. Bake until the center is set, about 50-60 minutes.
- Top hot bread pudding with chocolate sauce and flaked coconut... delicious with a little vanilla ice cream on the side! Enjoy
Chocolate Rum Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 14 oz can unsweetened coconut milk (about 2 cups)
- 8 ounces semi sweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- Melt butter over medium heat in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add coconut milk and simmer until just bubbling, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate, stirring until melted, smooth, and well combined. Add rum. Serve over coconut bread pudding!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Pudding
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Bread Pudding (Sweet, not Savory)
How to make lemonade without a recipe
Lemonade, sans recipe.
Last day for free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
7 food-filled honeymoons.
Green pesto is so last summer.
Savor the season.